• You have experience with, and a passion for designing tools for iOS, and know when to leverage existing design paradigms, and when to invent new ones.
• You approach design with a healthy balance between both attention to detail, and a swift iterative executional pace.
• You’re not precious about ideas or designs, and welcome a collaborative process in order to generate the best work.
• You possess a strong visual sensibility, with a keen eye for aesthetics, just as much as you have a sense for practical, intuitive interfaces.
• You can work across the stack, from high level conceptual thinking and UX, to high fidelity designs and animation prototypes.
• Above all else, you should be able to think deeply about what makes a design work—or not— and clearly articulate why to all involved.
We value individual agency and ownership—which guides our product design and our company’s culture. While other companies offer lots of perks, we prioritize your freedom: work from anywhere, in the way you’re at your best. We believe that an individual’s capacity for growth is far larger than most understand, and we’ve designed an environment to support rapid, continuous learning. Ideas here come from everyone, initiative is respected, and quality matters. We are here to build something special and enduring.
We are a 14-person company with people all over the US, we're growing revenues 20% every month (currently $1mm ARR), and our product has been used by over 400,000 creators and small businesses. We joined Y Combinator in 2018 and have raised $17.2mm in financing from Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Javelin Venture Partners, Box Group, and more top investors.
We’re looking for a product designer to join our team and help shape our core product, the Universe app. You’ll be tasked with transforming complex problems into intuitive interfaces, and beyond that, crafting a world class experience. You’ll be working at a truly design-centric company alongside a smart, thoughtful team, that’s intentional about everything we do.
Universe is the world’s first website builder designed for mobile phones. Our mission is to empower everyone to build the internet; and with the Universe app, anyone can make a site right from their mobile device in minutes. As a product designer at Universe, you’ll play a critical role in helping hundreds of thousands of people make their mark on the world.
If you’d like to apply, please fill out this application form with your portfolio and some thoughts about why Universe is interesting to you.